Get ready to dive into a culinary adventure with this delectable stuffed Costco salmon recipe. Introducing the one and only “Costco Stuffed Salmon: A Flaky Delight Filled with Crabby Goodness.”
Imagine sinking your teeth into a succulent piece of good salmon, perfectly cooked to a flaky, tender texture. Now, picture that flaky salmon filet being stuffed to the brim with a luscious crab stuffing that oozes with flavor. Sounds heavenly, right? Well, get ready to make this culinary dream a reality! And if you enjoy this recipe, I invite you to also check out my delicious Masterbuilt Smoked Salmon recipe as well.
The Culinary Adventure Awaits
Thanks to the magic of the air fryer, this recipe takes your taste buds on a journey they won’t soon forget. With just a few simple ingredients, some creativity, and your trusty air fryer, you’ll be able to whip up a healthy meal that rivals any gourmet restaurant.
Gathering the Ingredients
Now, before we dive into the cooking process, let’s gather our ingredients. Head over to your local Costco, where you’ll find the freshest salmon fillets that are just begging to be transformed into a show-stopping dish. Grab some Atlantic salmon fillets, or if you’re feeling adventurous, opt for the wild salmon filet portions for an extra burst of flavor.
In addition to the fresh raw salmon, you’ll need some lump crab meat, cream cheese, spinach, parmesan cheese, and a few other pantry staples. These simple ingredients come together to create a flavorful stuffing that will elevate your salmon to new heights.
Preparing the Salmon Fillets
To begin, start by patting the fresh salmon fillets dry with a paper towel. This step ensures that we achieve a crispy exterior while keeping the inside moist and tender. Next, carefully make a pocket in the middle of each salmon filet using a sharp knife. This pocket will be the cozy home for our seafood stuffing.
Creating the Delectable Stuffing
Now, let’s move on to preparing the stuffing. In a large bowl, combine the lump crab meat, cream cheese, spinach, parmesan cheese, and a touch of your favorite seasonings such as salt and black pepper. Mix everything together until well incorporated, and then generously stuff each salmon filet pocket with this delicious mixture.
Cooking with the Air Fryer
Once your salmon filets are stuffed to perfection, it’s time to fire up the air fryer. Preheat the air fryer to medium-high heat, and while it’s heating up, brush each stuffed salmon filet with a drizzle of olive oil. This will help to achieve a beautiful golden crust.
Next, line the air fryer basket with parchment paper for easy cleanup. Place the stuffed salmon filets in the basket, making sure they are evenly spaced and not overlapping. Now, it’s time to let the air fryer work its magic!
For the best results, cook the salmon at medium heat for approximately 12-15 minutes, or until it reaches an internal temperature of 145°F. Cooking times may vary depending on the size of your salmon fillets and the power of your air fryer, so keep an eye on them to avoid overcooking.
Perfecting the Sides
While your salmon is sizzling away in the air fryer, take a moment to prepare your favorite sides. Whether it’s a refreshing salad, some roasted vegetables, or a side of wild rice, the great options are endless. This recipe pairs perfectly with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice, so be sure to have some lemon wedges on hand.
Resting and Garnishing
Once the salmon is done cooking, carefully remove it from the air fryer and let it rest for a few minutes. This resting time allows the flavors to meld together and ensures that the stuffing stays intact when you cut into it.
When you’re ready to serve, garnish your stuffed salmon with a sprinkle of fresh parsley for a touch of vibrant color. Now, grab your fork and dig into this masterpiece of flavors! Each bite is a tantalizing combination of tender salmon, creamy crab stuffing, and a burst of freshness from the lemon.
Leftovers and Storage Tips
But wait, what about leftovers? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered. Simply store any remaining stuffed salmon in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to three days. You can enjoy it cold or gently reheat it in the air fryer for a quick and delicious pre-made meal.
Recipe Card and Step-by-Step Instructions
So there you have it, a Costco stuffed salmon recipe that’s sure to impress your taste buds and your dinner guests. Give it a try and let your senses be swept away by the flavors of the sea. Just remember, always prioritize your own safety and ensure that you follow proper cooking guidelines to enjoy this delightful dish to the fullest. Now, without further ado, let’s dive into the recipe card and the step-by-step instructions for this tantalizing stuffed salmon recipe.
- 2 large salmon fillets
- 8 ounces jumbo lump crab meat
- 1 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes (drained if packed in oil)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil for brushing
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or lightly grease it.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, basil, dill, green onions, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Mix well until all the ingredients are evenly incorporated.
- Lay the salmon fillets on a clean surface. Using a sharp knife, make a horizontal cut along the length of each fillet, creating a pocket without cutting all the way through. Be careful to not cut through the other side or the ends.
- Stuff the cream cheese mixture into the pocket of each salmon fillet, spreading it evenly. Press the edges of the fillets together to seal the stuffing inside.
- Place the stuffed salmon fillets on the prepared baking sheet. Brush the top of each fillet with olive oil and sprinkle with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 15-20 minutes, or until the salmon is cooked through and flakes easily with a fork. Cooking time may vary depending on the thickness of the fillets, so adjust accordingly.
- Once cooked, remove the salmon from the oven and let it rest for a few minutes before serving. This will allow the flavors to meld together.
- Serve the Costco Stuffed Salmon with your choice of sides, such as roasted vegetables, steamed asparagus, or a fresh green salad. You can also garnish with additional chopped herbs, if desired.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 478Total Fat: 38gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 130mgSodium: 331mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 1gSugar: 4gProtein: 29g