Are you looking for a delicious and easy-to-make sweet treat to enjoy during the holiday season? Look no further than this creamy coconut fudge recipe, which combines the rich and decadent flavors of milk chocolate and shredded coconut into a mouth-watering dessert that will satisfy your sweet tooth.
The recipe is straightforward and easy to follow, so even if you’re a beginner in the kitchen, you’ll be able to whip up a batch of this delicious fudge in no time. To get started, you’ll need to prepare a square pan by lining it with parchment paper or spraying it with non-stick spray.
You’ll melt the milk chocolate and white chocolate chips together in a large saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly with a rubber spatula to prevent scorching. Once the chocolate mixture is smooth and melted, you’ll add in the sweetened condensed milk, shredded coconut flakes, vanilla extract, and coconut extract to give the fudge that rich and irresistible coconut flavor.
Next, you’ll pour the fudge mixture into the prepared baking dish and spread it out evenly with a rubber spatula. You can then sprinkle some toasted coconut on top of the fudge mixture for an extra pop of flavor and texture. The fudge will need to cool to room temperature before you can cut it into small pieces, which should take around 2-3 hours.
Once the fudge is firm and cool to the touch, you can cut it into small squares using a sharp knife or a cookie cutter. You can also roll the fudge into little coconut fudge balls or cut it into other fun shapes using a cookie cutter. To store the fudge, simply place the pieces in an airtight container or freezer bag and keep them in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks or in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Whether you’re looking for an easy holiday fudge recipe to make for your family and friends or simply want to enjoy a sweet treat at any time of year, this chocolate coconut fudge is a great addition to any dessert table. With its creamy texture, rich chocolate flavor, and irresistible coconut notes, this fudge is sure to become one of your favorite flavor combinations. Plus, if you order your ingredients online with free shipping, you can have everything you need delivered right to your doorstep, making it even easier to whip up a batch of this delicious fudge for your next gathering.
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups shredded coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- Pinch of salt
- Line an 8x8 inch baking dish with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, combine the sweetened condensed milk and white chocolate chips, stirring constantly until melted and smooth.
- Add the shredded coconut, coconut extract, and salt to the mixture and stir until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish and smooth it out with a spatula.
- Refrigerate the fudge for at least 2 hours or until firm.
- Once the fudge is firm, remove it from the baking dish and cut it into small squares.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Use good quality ingredients: Since this recipe uses only a few ingredients, it's important to use good quality ones for the best flavor. Look for high-quality white chocolate chips and shredded coconut, and make sure the sweetened condensed milk is fresh and not past its expiration date.
- Use low heat when melting the chocolate: White chocolate can be finicky and prone to scorching if it's heated too quickly or at too high a temperature. Make sure to use low heat and stir the mixture constantly to prevent the chocolate from burning.
- Line the baking dish with parchment paper: This will make it much easier to remove the fudge from the dish once it's firm.
- Store the fudge properly: After cutting the fudge into small squares, store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. You can also freeze the fudge for up to 2 months.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 15 Serving Size: 1 Square
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 168Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 57mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 1gSugar: 18gProtein: 2g