Oh, the joy of kraft peanut butter cookies! This easy old-fashioned recipe brings back memories of childhood and the delightful aroma that filled our kitchen. These tasty treats are perfect for sharing with family and friends, or simply enjoying with a cup of tea or coffee. In this blog post, we will guide you through the process of making these delicious kraft peanut butter cookies. So, let’s get started!
Classic Peanut Butter Cookies: A Walk Down Memory Lane
Old-fashioned peanut butter cookies are a classic treat that has been enjoyed by generations. These cookies have a rich, creamy peanut butter flavor and a slightly chewy texture. With a beautiful golden brown color and the iconic criss-cross pattern on top, they are a true crowd-pleaser. The good news? This kraft peanut butter cookie recipe is simple and easy to make, even for beginners!
Crunchy or Smooth Peanut Butter: Which One to Choose?
When it comes to making peanut butter cookies, you can use either crunchy or smooth peanut butter. The choice is really up to you and your personal preference. Some people love the extra crunch and texture that crunchy peanut butter provides, while others prefer the smooth and creamy peanut butter flavor. Either way, your cookies will turn out delicious!
Preparing Your Baking Tools and Ingredients
Before you start making your kraft peanut butter cookies, it’s essential to gather all your baking tools and ingredients. You’ll need a large bowl, a medium bowl, an electric mixer, a wooden spoon, a large spoon, measuring cups and spoons, and an ungreased cookie sheet or parchment paper. For ingredients, make sure you have peanut butter, white sugar, brown sugar, an egg, vanilla extract, all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt.
Ready, Set, Bake: Making Your Kraft Peanut Butter Cookies
First, heat your oven to 350 degrees F and line your cookie sheet with parchment paper or leave it ungreased. In a large mixing bowl, combine your peanut butter, white sugar, and brown sugar using an electric mixer or wooden spoon. Add in your egg and vanilla extract, mixing until well combined. In a separate bowl, whisk together your flour, baking powder, and salt. Gradually add the flour mixture to the peanut butter mixture, stirring until a dough forms.
Rolling and Shaping Your Cookies
Using a medium cookie scoop or a large spoon, scoop dough and roll it into small balls. Place the dough balls onto your prepared baking sheet, making sure to leave enough space between each cookie for them to spread as they bake. Using the back of a fork, press down gently onto the top of the cookies to create the classic crosshatch pattern.
Baking Time: The Moment of Truth
Place your cookies in the preheated oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until they are golden brown around the edges. Be careful not to overbake them, as this will result in a less chewy texture. Once your cookies are done baking, remove them from the oven and let them cool on the cookie sheet for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Storing Your Cookies: Keeping Them Fresh and Delicious
To keep your kraft peanut butter cookies fresh and delicious, store them in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week. If you want to enjoy your cookies at a later time, you can also freeze them in a freezer-safe container for up to three months.
Customizing Your Kraft Peanut Butter Cookies
Feel free to get creative with your kraft peanut butter cookie recipe! You can add chocolate chips, chopped nuts, or even a sprinkle of sea salt on top for an extra touch of flavor. The possibilities are endless, so have fun and make these cookies your own!
More Delicious Recipes to Try
If you loved this kraft peanut butter cookie recipe, be sure to check out our other delicious recipes like the Cracker Barrel Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe, Iced Blonde Vanilla Latte Recipe, and Wagyu Beef vs Regular Beef.
Happy baking and enjoy your scrumptious kraft peanut butter cookies!
- 1 cup Kraft Smooth Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Optional: 1/4 cup granulated sugar (for rolling cookie dough)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C) and line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the Kraft Smooth Peanut Butter and softened unsalted butter until smooth and well combined.
- Add the granulated sugar and packed brown sugar to the peanut butter mixture. Continue to beat until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the large egg and pure vanilla extract to the mixture and mix until fully combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- In a separate medium-sized bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing on low speed until fully combined. Be careful not to overmix the dough.
- Optional step: Place the 1/4 cup granulated sugar in a small, shallow dish. Using a cookie scoop or tablespoon, scoop out the cookie dough and roll it into a ball. Roll the ball in the sugar to coat it evenly, then place it on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining dough, spacing the cookies about 2 inches apart on the baking sheets.
- Use a fork to gently press a crisscross pattern onto the tops of the cookies, flattening them slightly.
- Bake the cookies in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges are just lightly golden. The cookies will still be soft in the center, which is okay - they will firm up as they cool.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool on the baking sheets for about 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
These Kraft Peanut Butter Cookies are sure to become a favorite in your household. Enjoy them with a cold glass of milk or share them with friends and family!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 197Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 18mgSodium: 119mgCarbohydrates: 22gNet Carbohydrates: 21gFiber: 1gSugar: 12gSugar Alcohols: 0gProtein: 4g