Are you craving a warm, delicious dessert but can’t make it to Mastro’s Steakhouse? Look no further because we have the perfect solution for you: a Mastro’s butter cake recipe that you can make right at home! This mouthwatering dessert is a favorite among many and is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth. In this blog post, we will walk you through the steps to recreate this signature club dessert that will have your taste buds dancing with delight.
What is Mastro’s Butter Cake?
Mastro’s butter cake is a decadent dessert that’s served warm at Mastro’s Steakhouse, a popular high-end restaurant with locations across the United States. This beloved cake is known for its buttery pound cake base, warm cream cheese filling, and golden brown top. It’s often served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and a drizzle of homemade raspberry sauce, making it the perfect treat for any special occasion or just because.
Getting Started with Your Mastro’s Butter Cake Recipe
Before diving into the baking process, it’s essential to gather all the necessary tools and ingredients. For this recipe, you will need a stand mixer, springform pans or ramekins, a rubber spatula, and a wire rack for cooling. You’ll also need ingredients such as unsalted butter, all-purpose flour, sugar, eggs, and cream cheese. Once you have everything ready, you can begin creating your very own Mastro’s butter cake masterpiece!
Preparing the Cake Pan
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and prepare your springform pans or ramekins by greasing them with butter or Crisco. This will ensure that your cake doesn’t stick to the pan during baking and will make for easy removal once it’s finished. If using ramekins, be sure to butter them generously to create a nice crust on the exterior of the cakes.
Creaming the Butter and Sugar
In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugar on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 3 to 4 minutes. This step is crucial for creating the perfect moist texture in your Mastro’s butter cake, so be sure not to skimp on mixing time!
Adding Eggs and Vanilla
Next, add in the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Be sure to scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl with a rubber spatula as needed to ensure even mixing. After the eggs are fully incorporated, mix in the vanilla extract.
Creating the Flour Mixture
In a separate bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, fine sea salt, and baking powder. This dry mixture will later be combined with a milk mixture to create the perfect balance of moisture and structure for your Mastro’s butter cake.
Combining the Wet and Dry Ingredients
Now it’s time to combine the flour mixture and milk mixture in small batches, alternating between the two and mixing on low speed until just combined. Be careful not to overmix, as this can result in a dense and tough cake.
Creating the Cream Cheese Layer
In a small bowl, whip together the cream cheese, sugar, and egg until smooth and creamy. This luscious layer will be spread on top of the cake batter, adding an extra layer of indulgence to your Mastro’s butter cake.
Assembling and Baking Your Mastro’s Butter Cake
Pour the cake batter into your prepared pan, spreading it out evenly. Then, carefully spoon the cream cheese mixture on top, spreading it out to cover the entire surface of the cake. Bake your cake in the preheated oven for 45 to 60 minutes or until the top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out mostly clean.
Cooling and Serving Your Mastro’s Butter Cake
Once your cake is finished baking, remove it from the oven and let it cool on a wire rack for about 15 minutes. While it’s still warm, you can serve your Mastro’s butter cake with a scoop of ice cream and a drizzle of raspberry sauce for the ultimate indulgence. Enjoy!
If you’re looking for more delicious recipes to try at home, check out some of our other favorites like Lau Thai Recipe: Hot Yum Tom Pot Soup with Vietnamese Flavors or Award Winning Brisket Rub Recipe: Best Texas Smoked Secrets Revealed. Happy baking!
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whole milk
Cream Cheese Topping
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 325°F (165°C). Grease a 9-inch springform pan with butter or non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, cream together the softened butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, to the butter mixture, making sure to fully incorporate each egg before adding the next. Mix in the vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture, alternating with the milk. Start and end with the flour mixture. Mix until all ingredients are well combined, but be careful not to over mix.
- Pour the cake batter into the prepared springform pan. Spread it out evenly using a spatula.
- In a separate mixing bowl, using an electric mixer, combine the softened cream cheese, sugar, egg, and vanilla extract until smooth and creamy.
- Carefully spread the cream cheese topping over the cake batter, making sure to leave a small border (about 1/2 inch) around the edges.
- Place the springform pan on a baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven for 45-50 minutes, or until the center is just set and the edges are golden brown.
- Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool on a wire rack for about 15 minutes. Then, carefully remove the outer ring of the springform pan and let the cake cool completely.
- Once the cake has cooled, you can transfer it to a serving plate. If desired, garnish with fresh berries, a scoop of vanilla ice cream, whipped cream, or a dusting of powdered sugar.
- Slice and serve your delectable Mastro's Butter Cake and watch your guests fall in love with this heavenly dessert!
Store the cake in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Allow it to come to room temperature before serving for the best texture and flavor.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 547Total Fat: 33gSaturated Fat: 20gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 137mgSodium: 218mgCarbohydrates: 59gNet Carbohydrates: 58gFiber: 1gSugar: 36gSugar Alcohols: 0gProtein: 8g