Are you looking for a delicious and healthy meal to warm you up during chilly days? Look no further than this easy mutton bone soup recipe! With tender mutton pieces, flavorful whole spices like fennel seed and garam masala, and a thick, delicious broth, this soup is perfect for anyone who loves delicious soups and meat dishes.
Whether you prefer to use a pressure cooker or cook the soup over an open peat fire, this recipe is simple and easy to make. With the added health benefits of bone marrow and the warming spices of turmeric, cumin seeds, and black pepper, this soup is the perfect choice for cold weather.
Tips & Tricks:
- Use a large saucepan or pot to cook the soup, especially if you are using mutton bones.
- Dry roast the whole spices, such as fennel seed, cumin seeds, and pimento seeds, to bring out their natural flavors and aromas.
- Adding cho cho, sweet potato, or green banana to the soup can add extra nutrition and texture.
- For a spicier soup, add more scotch bonnet peppers or green chilies to the mix, or sprinkle some pepper powder on top before serving.
- For a clearer soup, strain the soup before serving to remove any solids, such as whole spices or mutton bones.
- Try making mutton rasam or sup kambing for other delicious soup recipes that use similar spices and ingredients.
Recommended Additional Courses:
- This mutton bone soup pairs well with crusty bread or crackers for a complete meal.
- For a refreshing side dish, serve a simple salad with coriander leaves and a ginger garlic paste vinaigrette.
- For dessert, try sweet corn chicken soup for a unique and delicious twist on a classic recipe.
- For more delicious mutton recipes, try making mutton fry or reestit mutton for other tasty meat dishes.
- If you’re a fan of soups, check out delicious options like mutton broth or clear soup to enjoy.
With its rich flavors, health benefits, and warming spices, this easy mutton bone soup recipe is a must-try for any meat-lover or soup enthusiast. Whether you’re cooking for a big family or just for yourself, this recipe is simple and delicious, and is sure to please everyone. So give it a try next time you’re looking for a hearty and satisfying meal!
Mutton Soup Recipe
This hearty mutton soup recipe is perfect for a chilly day, with tender chunks of meat, carrots, celery, and savory broth. Simmered with thyme and a bay leaf, this soup is flavorful and comforting, and perfect for serving to family and friends.
- 1 lb mutton meat, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 6 cups beef or chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, heat the vegetable oil over medium heat. Add the mutton meat and brown on all sides, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the onion and garlic and sauté until the onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the carrots and celery and sauté for an additional 5 minutes.
- Pour in the beef or chicken broth, bay leaf, and thyme. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 1 hour or until the mutton is tender.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and garnish with chopped fresh parsley.
- This soup can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator or freezer for later. It can be reheated on the stove or in the microwave.
- You can adjust the seasoning and the amount of broth to your taste. If you prefer a thicker soup, you can add less broth or add a bit of cornstarch to thicken it up.
- For added flavor, you can add other herbs and spices to the soup, such as rosemary, oregano, or cumin.
- This soup pairs well with crusty bread, crackers, or a side salad for a complete meal.
- If you have leftovers, the flavors of the soup will continue to develop and intensify over time, making it even more delicious the next day.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1 Cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 685Total Fat: 45gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 24gCholesterol: 217mgSodium: 304mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 63g