Whether you’re a home chef or just a fast-food aficionado, you have probably heard of the famous string bean chicken panda express recipe. This delicious dish, which combines the crunchiness of string beans with the tenderness of chicken breast, has gained a massive following for its unique and tantalizing flavor. But did you know you can recreate this restaurant version in your own kitchen? Follow along as we guide you on how to make this simple copycat recipe of fresh ingredients. You’ll be surprised by how much you can achieve with just a few pantry staples.
Understanding the Panda Express String Bean Chicken Breast
The panda express string bean chicken breast dish is an Asian-inspired recipe that brilliantly combines a variety of fresh ingredients to create a delicious meal. The main components are crunchy string beans and tender chicken breast that are stir-fried in a mild ginger soy sauce. The result is a golden brown color dish with the perfect balance of flavors that the whole family would love – maybe even as much as my Greasy Beans Recipe.
Getting the Ingredients
One of the best ways to ensure your string bean chicken stir-fry comes out perfect is to use high-quality ingredients. The good news is that almost all the ingredients you need are available at your local grocery stores. From string beans to skinless chicken breast, sesame oil to low sodium soy sauce, and even the slightly more exotic shaoxing wine, you’ll find everything you need to make this delicious recipe.
Preparing the Chicken
When making this panda express string bean chicken recipe, it’s crucial to prepare your chicken correctly. Whether you’re using chicken thigh or white meat, you should cut the chicken into small, bite-sized pieces. This not only makes it easier to cook but also helps it to absorb the marinade ingredients better, resulting in a more flavorful dish.
Marinating the Chicken
Marinating the chicken is a fundamental step in this recipe. The process involves combining the chicken pieces with dark soy sauce, cooking wine, and corn starch. The marinade ingredients should be mixed thoroughly and allowed to soak into the chicken for at least a few hours, but ideally, overnight. Remember to store your marinated chicken in an airtight container in the refrigerator to preserve its freshness.
Cooking the Dish
Cooking the panda express string bean chicken breast dish involves a few essential steps. You begin by stir-frying the chicken pieces in hot oil over medium-high heat until they are cooked through. Next, you add the string beans and continue to cook until they are crispy. Finally, the chicken and string beans are tossed in a combination of tasty ginger soy sauce, oyster sauce, and other seasonings until everything is well-coated.
This delicious dish can be served in various ways. One popular option is to serve it over steamed white or brown rice. However, if you’re watching your carb intake, you can enjoy it with a green beans stir fry on the side. Whichever way you choose to serve it, rest assured that this dish will be a hit with your family and friends.
One of the beauties of this copycat string bean chicken panda express recipe is its flexibility. You can substitute regular soy sauce with low sodium soy sauce or even tamari for a gluten-free option. You can also replace the sesame oil with olive or avocado oil. Additionally, you can add more vegetables like white onions or use chicken stock instead of water for a more robust flavor.
If you have leftovers of your delicious meal, store them in an airtight container in the fridge. They’ll remain fresh for up to three days. When reheating, you can do so in a large skillet over medium heat, adding a little water or chicken broth to prevent it from drying out.
The Final Word
And there you have it – your very own string bean chicken panda express recipe. Now, you can enjoy this delicious dish in the comfort of your home. So why not give it a try next time you’re craving some Chinese food? You might just find that it’s even better than the restaurant version!
Remember to always check the nutritional information of your ingredients and adjust your portion sizes accordingly. Happy cooking!
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 lb fresh string beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- In a small bowl, mix together the soy sauce, oyster sauce, cornstarch, and water. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a large wok or frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken pieces to the pan, season with salt and pepper, and stir-fry until lightly browned and fully cooked.
- In the same pan, add the remaining tablespoon of vegetable oil, followed by the minced garlic and ginger. Sauté for about a minute until fragrant.
- Add the string beans to the pan and stir-fry for about 3-5 minutes, or until they are tender-crisp.
- Return the cooked chicken to the pan with the string beans.
- Stir the sauce mixture again to ensure the cornstarch is fully dissolved, then pour it over the chicken and string beans.
- Stir everything together and allow the sauce to thicken for 1-2 minutes.
- Drizzle with sesame oil and give everything one final stir to combine.
- Serve your Panda Express-inspired String Bean Chicken over a bed of steamed rice for a complete meal, and enjoy!
Nutritional information is estimated and may vary.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 230Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 70mgSodium: 800mgCarbohydrates: 10gNet Carbohydrates: 6gFiber: 4gSugar: 5gSugar Alcohols: 0gProtein: 25g