Looking for a simple, delicious, and vegan recipe for your breakfast or dessert? Look no further than this easy almond milk crepes recipe! Made with simple ingredients, this recipe yields thin and tender crepes that are perfect for filling with your favorite toppings.
With a little practice and some helpful tips, you can create perfect crepes every time, with or without special equipment. In this post, we’ll share our favorite tips for making the best vegan almond milk crepes, as well as some delicious variations to try.
Tips for Making Vegan Almond Milk Crepes
- Use a nonstick skillet or crepe pan for best results. This will help your crepes cook evenly and prevent sticking.
- Heat your skillet or crepe pan over medium heat before adding the batter. This will ensure that the pan is hot enough to cook the crepes properly.
- Use a thin spatula to flip the crepes. This will help you flip the crepes without tearing them.
- Let the batter rest for at least 30 minutes at room temperature before making the crepes. This will allow the gluten in the batter to relax and make the crepes more tender.
- To keep your crepes warm, stack them on a plate and cover with a paper towel or a sheet of wax paper. You can also keep them warm in a low oven (around 200°F) while you cook the remaining batter.
- Store any leftover crepes in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days, or in the freezer for up to a month.
- If the batter is too thick, you can add a little more almond milk to thin it out.
- If you prefer a sweeter crepe, you can add a little brown sugar, white sugar, or coconut sugar to the batter, along with a dash of vanilla extract or almond extract.
- If you’re making savory crepes, you can leave out the sugar and add some herbs, such as thyme or basil, to the batter.
Variations of Almond Milk Crepes
One of the best parts about making homemade crepes is that they’re incredibly versatile. You can fill them with your favorite sweet or savory fillings for a delicious meal any time of day. Here are some of our favorite variations of almond milk crepes:
- Fresh fruit and whipped cream: Fill your crepes with fresh berries, sliced bananas, or other seasonal fruit, and top with a dollop of whipped cream or coconut whipped cream.
- Nut butter and banana: Spread some almond or peanut butter on your crepe, add a few slices of banana, and roll up for a quick and easy breakfast.
- Ham and cheese: Layer some sliced ham and shredded vegan cheese on your crepe and fold it over for a savory breakfast or lunch.
- Spinach and vegan feta: Saute some spinach and garlic, crumble some vegan feta cheese, and fill your crepes for a delicious and healthy meal.
- Chocolate spread and strawberries: Spread some vegan chocolate spread or vegan Nutella on your crepe, add some fresh sliced strawberries, and roll up for a decadent dessert.
Recommended Additional Courses
Almond milk crepes are a versatile dish that can be enjoyed on their own or served with a variety of additional courses. Here are some of our recommendations:
- Fresh fruit salad: Serve a colorful fruit salad alongside your crepes for a light and refreshing breakfast or dessert.
- Vegan sausage or tempeh bacon: If you’re making savory crepes, consider serving them with some vegan sausage or tempeh bacon for a protein-packed meal.
- Tofu scramble: For a vegan breakfast feast, serve your almond milk crepes with a side of tofu scramble and some fresh salsa.
- Vegan yogurt and granola: For a simple yet satisfying breakfast or dessert, serve your crepes with a dollop of vegan yogurt and a sprinkling of your favorite granola.
- Vegan ice cream: For a decadent dessert, serve your crepes with a scoop of vegan ice cream and a drizzle of your favorite sauce.
- Fresh green salad: Serve your savory almond milk crepes with a fresh green salad dressed with a zesty vinaigrette.
Whether you’re a seasoned crepe maker or new to this dish, we hope you find these tips and ideas helpful as you explore the world of vegan almond milk crepes. With a little practice and some experimentation, you can create delicious crepes that are perfect for any occasion.
And, if you’re looking for more new recipes to try, be sure to check out our other vegan and plant-based recipes on the blog. We’re always experimenting with new flavor combinations and techniques, and we love sharing our latest creations with our readers.
So, give these vegan almond milk crepes a try and let us know what you think. And as always, happy cooking!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups almond milk
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil or melted coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour and salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs and almond milk together until well combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl with the flour mixture and whisk until the batter is smooth and there are no lumps.
- Stir in the vegetable oil or melted coconut oil and mix until it is fully incorporated.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Once hot, pour about 1/4 cup of the crepe batter onto the skillet and quickly swirl it around so that the batter covers the bottom of the skillet.
- Cook the crepe for about 2 minutes, or until the edges start to curl up and the bottom is golden brown.
- Use a spatula to flip the crepe and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes on the other side.
- Repeat with the remaining batter, stacking the crepes on a plate as you go.
- Serve the crepes warm, with your favorite toppings such as fruit, whipped cream, or Nutella.
- For best results, use a non-stick skillet and make sure it's hot before adding the batter.
- You can adjust the thickness of your crepes by adding more or less batter to the skillet, but keep in mind that thinner crepes will cook faster than thicker ones.
- If you find that the batter is too thick, you can add a little more almond milk to thin it out.
- Be sure to swirl the skillet quickly and evenly to distribute the batter and create a thin layer.
- These crepes can be filled with sweet or savory fillings, such as Nutella, berries, whipped cream, ham, cheese, or spinach. Get creative with your fillings and enjoy!