If you’re a fan of rich, moist chocolate cake, you’ve probably heard of the famous Brick Street Café in South Carolina and their incredible Brick Street Chocolate Cake. The moment you take your first bite, you know you’ve found something special. And now, we’re bringing the magic to your kitchen with this amazing Brick Street Chocolate Cake Recipe!
A Brief History of Brick Street Café’s Chocolate Cake
Brick Street Café has been serving their legendary chocolate cake for years, and it has become a must-try dessert among locals and tourists alike. Known for its moist texture, rich flavor, and delicious frosting, this cake has earned its reputation as one of the best chocolate cakes in South Carolina.
Preparing Your Tube Pan
To achieve the perfect Brick Street Chocolate Cake, using a tube pan or an angel food cake pan is essential. A tube pan is characterized by its hollow tube in the center, which allows for even cooking and a perfectly moist texture. Make sure to grease the pan well, ensuring the cake will come out easily after baking.
Combining Your Ingredients
Start by gathering all your ingredients, including cocoa powder, instant chocolate pudding mix, and semi-sweet chocolate chips. Combine the dry ingredients in a large bowl, and then mix the wet ingredients (including room temperature butter and large eggs) separately. Slowly add the wet mixture to the dry, mixing well to create a smooth cake batter.
Baking Your Brick Street Chocolate Cake
Preheat your convection oven to 350°F (if using a traditional oven, adjust the temperature accordingly). Pour the cake batter into your prepared tube pan, and bake for 30-40 minutes. Use a cake tester to ensure the middle of the cake is fully cooked before removing it from the oven.
Creating the Perfect Chocolate Frosting
While your cake is baking, it’s time to prepare the delicious chocolate frosting that will take your Brick Street Chocolate Cake to the next level. In a saucepan, heat water, cocoa powder, and butter until smooth. Add in powdered sugar, heavy cream, and pure vanilla extract, stirring until you reach your desired consistency.
Cooling and Frosting Your Cake
Allow your cake to cool in the pan for about 15 minutes before carefully removing it and transferring it to a cooling rack. Once the cake has cooled completely, spread your homemade chocolate frosting evenly over the top and sides of the cake, creating an irresistible, rich chocolate treat.
Enjoying Your Brick Street Chocolate Cake
Finally, it’s time to dig in! Slice your cake and serve it up to your friends and family, who will undoubtedly be impressed by your baking skills. And if you want to try more delicious recipes, check out our Kraft Peanut Butter Cookies or even a savory Pan Con Pollo Salvadoreño for a complete meal experience.
Alternative Baking Options
If you don’t have a tube pan on hand, you can also bake this cake in a large Bundt pan or even a standard-sized loaf pan. Just be sure to adjust the baking time as needed, and keep an eye on your cake to ensure it doesn’t overcook.
Storing Your Brick Street Chocolate Cake
While this cake is best enjoyed fresh, it can also be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. If you’d like to save it for a later date, wrap the cake tightly in plastic wrap and store it in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Brick Street Chocolate Cake Recipe: A Dessert Worth Sharing
Now that you’ve mastered the Brick Street Chocolate Cake Recipe, it’s time to share your newfound skills with the world! Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion, satisfying a late-night chocolate craving, or simply want to impress your friends and family with a delicious dessert, this cake is sure to please. Enjoy!
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, melted
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the sugar, flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt until thoroughly combined.
- Add the eggs, milk, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract to the dry ingredients.
- Slowly pour the boiling water into the batter, mixing constantly until the batter is smooth.
- Fold in the chocolate chips, ensuring they are evenly distributed throughout the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan, smoothing the top with a spatula.
- Bake the cake for 60-80 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with a few moist crumbs.
- Allow the cake to cool in the pan for 15 minutes before inverting it onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- While the cake is cooling, prepare the chocolate ganache.
- Allow the ganache to cool slightly before pouring it over the cooled cake.
- If desired, create chocolate shavings by spreading melted chocolate onto a flat surface and allowing it to harden.
Serve your Brick Street Chocolate Cake at room temperature for the ultimate chocolate experience. Happy baking!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 562Total Fat: 32gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 48mgSodium: 348mgCarbohydrates: 70gNet Carbohydrates: 66gFiber: 4gSugar: 52gSugar Alcohols: 0gProtein: 7g