Are you tired of the same old bread recipes? Looking for a delicious and easy recipe with a twist? Let me introduce you to the Greek yogurt bread recipe. This bread recipe is a no-yeast flatbread solution that will surely get you excited. It’s a simple, fast, and incredibly tasty alternative to regular bread that you can make at home. No more trips to the grocery store for dinner rolls, this homemade bread has got you covered!
The Magic of Greek Yogurt Bread
Greek yogurt bread is a great recipe that uses plain greek yogurt as a leavening agent. This means you don’t need to worry about yeast, which can be a little tricky for first-timers. This yogurt mixture creates a soft white bread with a sourdough-like flavor that’s simply irresistible. And the best part? It only requires simple ingredients!
Create Your Own Self-Rising Flour
If you don’t have self-rising flour on hand, don’t worry. You can make your own self-rising flour with purpose flour, baking powder, and a little bit of salt. In a large bowl, combine these ingredients and you are ready to go. It’s a simple white bread recipe that’s easy to make with what you have in your pantry.
Getting the Right Consistency
To get the right consistency for your dough, you need to add the plain yogurt and the flour in stages. Start with a cup of flour in a large mixing bowl and add equal parts yogurt. Use a wooden spoon or a dough hook to mix at a low speed. If the dough is too sticky, add a little extra flour. The end result should be a ball of dough that’s soft but not sticky.
Letting the Dough Rise
Once your dough is ready, it’s time to let it rise. Cover the bowl with a kitchen towel or plastic wrap and leave it in a warm place. This could be in your oven with the light on or even on top of your fridge. Let it sit until it has doubled in size, which is a critical step in any yeast bread recipe or its no-yeast alternative like our greek yogurt bread recipe.
Rolling Out the Dough
After the dough has risen, it’s time to roll it out. Dust your work surface with a little bit of flour to prevent the dough from sticking. Use a rolling pin to roll out the dough until it’s about a quarter-inch thick. It’s okay if it’s not perfect, this is homemade flatbread after all!
Time to Bake
Preheat your convection oven to 475 degrees. Place the dough on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Brush the top of the dough with a little bit of olive oil for the best flavor and a golden brown finish. Bake for about 10 minutes or until the bread is puffed and golden brown.
Enjoy Your Greek Yogurt Flatbread
Your greek yogurt flatbread is now ready to enjoy! This bread is perfect as is or can be used to make flatbread pizzas or even homemade pita bread. The possibilities are endless with this easy and yummy greek yogurt bread recipe.
Experimenting with the Greek Yogurt Bread Recipe
Once you’ve mastered this recipe, feel free to experiment. You can substitute the plain greek yogurt with sour cream or even coconut yogurt for a dairy-free version. You can also try adding some vanilla extract or even some white sugar for a sweet version. This Greek yogurt bread recipe is versatile and a great way to explore your culinary creativity.
So, there you have it! An easy, delicious, and versatile Greek yogurt bread recipe that you can make at home. The next time you’re craving some homemade bread, give this recipe a try. You might just find your new favorite bread recipe. Enjoy!
- 2 1/4 cups of all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons of granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup of warm water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix the warm water and yeast. Let it sit for about 5 minutes, or until the mixture starts to froth up.
- Add the Greek yogurt into the yeast mixture, stirring until well combined.
- Gradually add the wet ingredients into the bowl of dry ingredients, stirring until a dough starts to form.
- Knead the dough on a floured surface for about 5 minutes, or until smooth and elastic.
- Place the dough in a greased bowl, covering it with a clean kitchen towel. Let it rise in a warm area for about 2 hours, or until it has doubled in size.
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Punch down the dough to release the air and shape it into a loaf. Place it on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Brush the top of the dough with olive oil.
- Bake for about 40 minutes, or until the bread is golden brown and sounds hollow when you tap on it.
- Let the bread cool on a wire rack before slicing and serving.
You can add your own twist to this recipe by incorporating ingredients such as rosemary, thyme, or even some grated cheese into the dough before baking.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 200Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 150mgCarbohydrates: 40gNet Carbohydrates: 38gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gSugar Alcohols: 0gProtein: 7g