If you are a fan of Texas Roadhouse and their tantalizing dishes, then you’re in for a treat today! We are about to delve into a mouth-watering, home kitchen version of the famous “Herb Crusted Chicken Texas Roadhouse recipe.” This delightful main course is a favorite for many patrons visiting the Texas Roadhouse restaurant, and for good reason. The succulent, tender chicken breasts are encased in a crispy crust that’s just bursting with flavor thanks to an eclectic array of herbs and spices.
Unveiling the Secret to Texas Roadhouse’s Savory Flavor
The best part of this flavorful dish is the herb mixture. A combination of herbs including fresh parsley, garlic powder and black pepper, are combined to create a rich flavor that will tantalize your taste buds. This flavorful copycat recipe mimics the savory flavor of the original dish, and it’s an excellent choice if you’re craving restaurant-quality meals in your own kitchen.
Preparing the Chicken Breasts
For this recipe, we are using boneless, skinless chicken breasts. The thickness of your chicken breasts is important here. If the chicken is too thick, it might not cook evenly and reach the correct internal temperature. To solve this, you can use a meat mallet to gently pound the chicken breasts between sheets of plastic wrap, achieving an even thickness. This is the best way to ensure that all sides of the chicken will cook properly.
Creating the Crispy Crust
The crispy texture of this chicken dish is achieved by coating the tender chicken breasts in a mixture of panko bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, and the flavorful herb mixture. The breadcrumb mixture not only adds an extra layer of flavor but also gives the chicken a golden brown, crispy crust. This Texas Roadhouse Herb Crusted Chicken recipe takes the chicken to another level.
The Cooking Process
Once the chicken breasts are coated, it’s time to cook them. You can use a nonstick skillet or an air fryer, depending on your preference or dietary restrictions. If using a skillet, heat some olive oil over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the chicken and cook until golden brown on both sides of the chicken. The cooking time will depend on the thickness of your chicken breasts. Always remember to check the internal temperature with a meat thermometer to ensure it’s cooked properly.
Pairing the Herb Crusted Chicken with Side Dishes
This herb crusted chicken Texas Roadhouse recipe wouldn’t be complete without some delicious sides. Green beans tossed in lemon juice and garlic salt, Texas Roadhouse rolls with cinnamon butter, or a simple side salad are great options. Healthy sides like these not only complement the rich flavors of the chicken but also make for a balanced meal, perfect for weight loss or meal prep for busy weeknights.
Storing and Reheating Leftovers
Leftovers of this delicious meal can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. To reheat, preheat your oven to 350°F, place the chicken on a baking dish covered with aluminum foil, and heat until warm. This easy recipe is perfect for meal prep, and the leftovers taste just as good as the day you made it!
Enjoying Your Restaurant-Quality Meal at Home
There you have it – your very own Texas Roadhouse herb-crusted chicken recipe. With the right combination of fresh herbs and a few different ingredients, you can recreate this flavorful dish in your own kitchen. The best part? You get to enjoy a restaurant-quality meal without having to leave your home. This is truly a must-try for all Texas Roadhouse fans out there!
Final Thoughts on the Herb Crusted Chicken Texas Roadhouse Recipe
With this recipe, you’re not just preparing a meal, you’re also honing your culinary skills, and offering a delightful experience for your whole family. This Herb Crusted Chicken Texas Roadhouse recipe is an easy chicken breast recipe that brings out a rich, savory flavor that will surely impress anyone who tries it. So what are you waiting for? It’s time to roll up your sleeves and start cooking!
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Start by preheating your oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Rinse the chicken breasts under cold water and pat dry using paper towels.
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and black pepper on both sides.
- In a shallow dish, mix together the flour, half of the parsley, thyme, rosemary, and a pinch of salt and pepper. In a second dish, beat the eggs. In a third dish, mix together the panko breadcrumbs, the remaining herbs, and the parmesan cheese.
- Dredge the chicken breasts in the flour mixture, shaking off any excess. Dip them into the beaten eggs, then press them into the breadcrumb mixture, making sure they are fully coated.
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a large oven-safe skillet over medium heat. Once the butter has melted and the skillet is hot, add the chicken breasts.
- Cook the chicken for about 4-5 minutes on each side, until golden brown.
- Transfer the skillet to the preheated oven and cook for another 10-15 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and no longer pink in the middle.
- Remove from the oven and let the chicken rest for a few minutes before serving.
- Garnish with some fresh herbs if desired and serve hot with your choice of sides.
The cooking time may vary depending on the thickness of your chicken breasts. Always check to ensure your chicken is thoroughly cooked before serving. You can also use dried herbs if fresh ones aren't available. Just reduce the amount to one-third.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 410Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 125mgSodium: 390mgCarbohydrates: 30gNet Carbohydrates: 28gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gSugar Alcohols: 0gProtein: 35g