Welcome to our latest culinary adventure, where we’re exploring a deliciously low-carb dish: the keto ground turkey broccoli casserole. This wholesome and tasty recipe is a great way to keep your meals exciting while sticking to your keto diet. It’s packed with flavour, easy to prepare, making it perfect for those busy weeknights or when you need a healthy casserole that the whole family will enjoy.
The Essentials for Keto Ground Turkey Broccoli Casserole
Before diving into the process, let’s take a look at the tools and utensils you’ll need to make this keto turkey casserole. A large skillet and a casserole dish are the two main kitchen tools you’ll need. You’ll also need a large mixing bowl for combining some of your ingredients.
Choosing Your Ingredients
Choosing the right ingredients is the first step to a successful low carb casserole. For this keto ground turkey broccoli casserole, we’ll be using ground turkey – you can also use extra lean ground beef or ground chicken for variation. Fresh broccoli florets are preferred, but you can also use frozen ones if that’s what you have on hand. Other ingredients include heavy cream, cream cheese, garlic powder, onion powder, and a choice of cheeses like cheddar cheese, mozzarella cheese, and Parmesan cheese.
Prepping for Your Keto Casserole
Before you start cooking, it’s essential to prep your ingredients. This means chopping up your broccoli and any other veggies you might be using, like green onions or Brussels sprouts. You should also steam broccoli to a tender broccoli texture for the best results.
Cooking Your Keto Ground Turkey Broccoli Casserole
The cooking process begins by heating some olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, add your ground turkey and season with black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and a pinch of red pepper flakes. Cook until browned and then set aside.
Creating the Creamy Sauce
A creamy sauce adds a wonderful texture and flavor to your keto broccoli casserole. To create this, combine heavy cream, cream cheese, sour cream, and a bit of heavy whipping cream in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir until everything is well combined and creamy. If you want to add a little extra flavor, stir in some Parmesan cheese or your favorite cheese.
Combining Ingredients and Baking
Once your sauce is ready, it’s time to combine everything in your casserole dish. Start by adding your cooked turkey, followed by your steamed broccoli, and then pour your creamy sauce over top. Sprinkle some more cheese on top for good measure and then bake in a preheated oven until bubbly and golden.
Meal Prep and Storage Tips
One of the best things about this keto ground turkey broccoli casserole is that it’s a perfect dish for meal prep. You can easily make it ahead of time and store it in an airtight container in the fridge. It’ll stay good for the next day or two, and you can simply reheat it when you’re ready to eat.
Enjoying Your Keto Ground Turkey Broccoli Casserole
And there you have it! Your keto ground turkey broccoli casserole is ready to be enjoyed. It’s a delicious way to enjoy a hearty meal without straying from your keto diet. It’s a great dish to serve at a family dinner or even a potluck.
A Few Final Words
We hope you enjoy making and eating this delicious keto ground turkey broccoli casserole as much as we do. It’s an easy recipe, yet it’s packed with flavors that will satisfy your taste buds without breaking your diet. So why not give it a try? You might just find your new favorite keto casserole!
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 large head broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic, and sauté until the onions become translucent, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add the ground turkey to the pan, breaking it up with a wooden spoon. Cook until the turkey is browned and fully cooked, about 7-8 minutes.
- Season the turkey mixture with salt and pepper to taste. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- In a large pot of boiling water, blanch the broccoli florets for 2-3 minutes, until they become bright green and slightly tender. Drain and set aside.
- In a saucepan, heat the chicken broth and heavy cream, stirring until the mixture begins to simmer. Add half of the shredded cheddar cheese and stir until melted and smooth.
- Combine the turkey mixture, blanched broccoli, and cheese sauce in a large casserole dish, mixing until everything is evenly coated.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheddar cheese over the top of the casserole.
- Place the casserole dish in the preheated oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the cheese on top is melted and bubbly.
- Remove the casserole from the oven and let it sit for a few minutes before serving.
Nutritional information may vary slightly depending on the specific ingredients used. Always verify the nutritional information with your own calculations if you’re following a specific diet.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 450Total Fat: 30gSaturated Fat: 18gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 120mgSodium: 320mgCarbohydrates: 8gNet Carbohydrates: 6gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gSugar Alcohols: 0gProtein: 35g