If you’re looking for a hearty weeknight dinner recipe that the whole family will love, look no further than this hamburger corn casserole recipe. This savory dish is loaded with a flavorful ground beef mixture, whole kernel corn, and a fluffy cornbread topping. It’s an easy meal to prepare on a busy weeknight, and it’s guaranteed to become one of your family’s favorite recipes. Ready to learn how to make this amazing hamburger corn casserole? Let’s dive in!
A Casserole with a Twist
This isn’t your average casserole dish. Think of it as a cross between a loaded ground beef casserole and a Mexican cornbread casserole. The ground beef is seasoned with spices like chili powder, garlic powder, and onion powder, then tossed with black beans, green onions, and pico de gallo. The result is a meat mixture that’s bursting with flavor.
Creating the Cornbread Mixture
While the ground beef is cooking, you’ll prepare the cornbread batter. This is where the jiffy cornbread mix comes in, along with cream style corn and a large egg. The result is a cornbread mixture that’s light, fluffy, and ready to go on top of the ground beef mixture.
Building the Casserole
Once the meat mixture and cornbread mixture are prepared, it’s time to assemble the casserole. You’ll layer the ground beef mixture in a large casserole dish, followed by a layer of cheddar cheese, and finally, the cornbread mixture. It’s a simple process, but the result is a hearty dish that’s sure to impress.
Baking the Casserole
Now, all that’s left to do is bake the casserole in a preheated oven. You’ll know it’s done when the cornbread topping is golden brown and the casserole is bubbling around the edges. After 20-25 minutes in the oven, your hamburger corn casserole will be ready to enjoy.
Customizing Your Hamburger Corn Casserole
This hamburger corn casserole recipe is incredibly versatile. You can easily swap out the ground beef for ground turkey or ground chicken if you prefer. Feel free to add in extra veggies like bell peppers or green beans, or change up the cheese for a different flavor.
Storing and Reheating
Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to four days. When you’re ready to reheat, simply place a portion in the microwave or oven until heated through. It’s a perfect comfort food, even on day two!
Whether you’re cooking for a crowd on Cinco de Mayo or just looking for an easy weeknight dinner, this hamburger corn casserole recipe is a winner. It’s a main dish that’s hearty, flavorful, and sure to satisfy everyone at the dinner table. Give it a try and discover why it’s one of our best ground beef and cornbread mix recipes!
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my link, at no extra cost to you. Please see my disclaimer for more details.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 can (15.25 oz) of sweet corn, drained
- 1 can (10.5 oz) of cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups cooked elbow macaroni
- 1/2 tsp each of salt and pepper
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and lightly grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the ground beef, onion, and garlic until the beef is completely browned and the onion is tender. Drain off any excess fat.
- Stir in the drained corn and cream of mushroom soup into the beef mixture. Add the cooked elbow macaroni, salt, and pepper, stirring well to combine all the ingredients.
- Pour the hamburger mixture into the prepared baking dish. Spread the shredded cheddar cheese evenly over the top.
- In a small bowl, mix together the bread crumbs and melted butter. Sprinkle this mixture over the cheese layer, and add a dash of paprika for color and a hint of warmth.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbly and the breadcrumb topping has turned a beautiful golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let the casserole rest for 5 minutes before serving. This will allow the flavors to meld together and the cheese to settle.
- Serve warm, spooning out hefty portions filled with cheesy, beefy goodness.
There you have it - a simple, satisfying dish that's sure to please the whole family. This Hamburger Corn Casserole is a testament to the fact that sometimes, the best dishes are the ones that remind us of home. Enjoy this comfort food classic and stay tuned for more delicious recipe hacks and homestyle favorites!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 385Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 58mgSodium: 416mgCarbohydrates: 31gNet Carbohydrates: 29gFiber: 2gSugar: 5gSugar Alcohols: 0gProtein: 21g