When it comes to finger-licking good chicken, one can’t help but think of KFC. That juicy chicken tenderness combined with a rich, flavorful sauce makes for an irresistible meal. For all the KFC lovers out there, we’ve got something super exciting for you – a homemade KFC sauce recipe. Yes, you read that right! We’ve got a lip-smacking copycat BBQ honey style sauce recipe straight from YouTube, that will make your homemade chicken as good as the real thing.
Why Make Your Own KFC Sauce?
Why not? If you love KFC and their delicious sauce, you’ll be thrilled to have your own homemade version. Imagine, no more trips to the grocery store or waiting in line at KFC restaurants. Plus, making your own sauce gives you the freedom to tweak the recipe to your taste buds. You can adjust the amount of cayenne pepper or the level of sweetness to your liking. It’s also a great way to impress your guests with your culinary skills. And let’s be honest, there’s something thrilling about recreating secret recipes at home, right?
Discovering the Secret Herbs and Spices
The original recipe of KFC’s secret sauce is a closely guarded secret, known only to a few. But thanks to some dedicated foodies and their experiments, there are now copycat KFC recipes out there that come extremely close to the real deal. Yes, it involves a fair bit of trial and error, but the end result is absolutely worth it. So, ready to unravel the secrets of the signature sauce?
Key Ingredients for Your KFC Sauce Recipe
Just like the Colonel Harland Sanders’ original recipe, our KFC sauce recipe involves a blend of simple ingredients. You’ll need common pantry items like brown sugar, garlic powder, onion powder, and black pepper. You’ll also need some Worcestershire sauce, vegetable oil, white vinegar, and for that spicy kick, some Tabasco sauce. Don’t forget the star of the show – honey. It gives the sauce that sweet, sticky goodness that we all love. A dash of yellow mustard and a sprinkle of celery salt round out the flavors.
A Delicious Sauce for All Your Chicken Dinners
Once you’ve got your homemade KFC sauce ready, it’s time to put it to good use. This sauce isn’t just for chicken pieces, it’s versatile and can be used with chicken tenders, chicken fingers, chicken nuggets, and even a chicken sandwich. You can even try it with chicken breasts or chicken wings for a delicious twist. You could even use it as a dipping sauce for french fries or sweet potatoes. The options are limitless!
Storing Your Homemade KFC Sauce
This homemade sauce can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week. This way, you’ll have a delicious dipping sauce at the ready for your next chicken dinner. For best results, let the sauce sit for a few hours or overnight before using. This allows the flavors to meld together, making the sauce even more delicious.
Adjusting the Spiciness
If you prefer a spicy sauce, you can add a little more Tabasco sauce or some red pepper flakes. If you want a smoky flavor, you can add a dash of liquid smoke. Remember, the beauty of making your own sauce is that you can customize it to your taste. So, feel free to experiment and find the perfect balance of flavors that suits your palate.
There you have it, folks! A homemade KFC sauce recipe that’s sure to take your chicken meals to the next level. So, the next time you’re craving that finger-licking good KFC flavor, you know what to do. Roll up your sleeves, gather your ingredients, and get ready to whip up some delicious sauce. Happy cooking!
- 1/2 cup of ketchup
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- Salt, to taste
- In a medium-sized saucepan, combine the ketchup, water, apple cider vinegar, and brown sugar.
- Stir the mixture over medium heat until the sugar completely dissolves.
- Add the Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, onion powder, garlic powder, smoked paprika, and a pinch of salt to the saucepan. Stir well to incorporate all the ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, mix the cornstarch with a little water to create a slurry. Make sure there are no lumps.
- Pour the cornstarch slurry into the saucepan, stirring constantly to ensure it blends well with the other ingredients.
- Reduce the heat to low and let the sauce simmer for about 15-20 minutes, or until it thickens to your desired consistency.
- Once the sauce has thickened, remove it from the heat and let it cool down.
- Store your homemade KFC-style sauce in an airtight container and refrigerate. It should last for up to two weeks.
This sauce is sure to take your meals up a notch and leave your family and friends asking for your secret recipe!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 60Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 280mgCarbohydrates: 15gNet Carbohydrates: 15gFiber: 0gSugar: 13gSugar Alcohols: 0gProtein: 1g