Craving a Taco Bell Chipotle Chicken Melt but can’t or don’t want to leave your house? Good news! You can now recreate this delicious dish from the comfort of your own home. This blog post will give you step-by-step instructions on how to replicate the Taco Bell Chipotle Chicken Melt in your own kitchen. Get ready to tantalize your taste buds!
The Secret of the Taco Bell Chipotle Chicken Melt
The secret to the delicious taste of the Taco Bell Chipotle Chicken Melt lies in its simple ingredients. The warm flour tortilla, creamy chipotle sauce, and the melt-in-your-mouth chicken are what make this dish a favorite among Taco Bell lovers.
The chicken used in the Taco Bell Chipotle Chicken Melt is cooked to perfection. The white meat is seasoned with spices such as garlic powder and adobo sauce, giving it an extra kick. For your homemade version, you can use leftover chicken or cook fresh chicken breasts on medium-high heat.
The creamy chipotle sauce is what gives the Taco Bell Chipotle Chicken Melt its unique flavor. The sauce is a perfect combination of chipotle peppers, sour cream, and a little bit of chili powder for a natural flavor with a kick. Making the homemade Taco Bell chipotle sauce is easy and adds the perfect touch to this delicious recipe.
The soft tortilla is just as important in the Taco Bell Chipotle Chicken Melt. It’s lightly grilled to give it that perfect crisp. You can use any brand of soft tortilla, but a warm flour tortilla is the best pick for this dish.
Putting It All Together
Once you’ve prepared the chicken and the sauce, and have your tortilla ready, it’s time to assemble your homemade Taco Bell Chipotle Chicken Melt. The best part is layering the ingredients and rolling the tortilla. It’s like bringing a little piece of Taco Bell into your own kitchen.
Making Your Taco Bell Chipotle Chicken Melt Healthier
While the Taco Bell Chipotle Chicken Melt is a delicious dish, it might not fit into your daily diet if you’re on a weight loss effort. The good news is that when you make it at home, you can tweak it to be healthier without sacrificing taste. You can use low-fat sour cream, whole wheat tortillas, and add a side salad for extra nutrition.
Enjoy your Homemade Taco Bell Chipotle Chicken Melt
That’s it! Now you can enjoy your homemade Taco Bell Chipotle Chicken Melt. The delicious taste of the creamy chipotle sauce, the chicken, and the soft tortilla will surely satisfy your cravings. Plus, the best part is you made it yourself, in the comfort of your own home! Enjoy!
- 4 Flour Tortillas
- 2 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Chipotle Sauce
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Fresh Cilantro (optional)
- Begin by seasoning the chicken breasts. In a small bowl, mix together the garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, salt, and pepper. Rub this mixture all over the chicken.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the seasoned chicken and cook for about 5-7 minutes on each side, or until it's no longer pink in the middle. Remove from heat and let it cool.
- Once the chicken is cool enough to handle, shred it using two forks. Set it aside.
- Lay out your flour tortillas on a clean surface. Spread a generous amount of chipotle sauce on one half of each tortilla.
- Divide the shredded chicken evenly among the tortillas, placing it on top of the chipotle sauce.
- Mix together the cheddar and mozzarella cheeses and sprinkle this over the chicken on each tortilla. If desired, sprinkle some chopped fresh cilantro over the cheese.
- Fold each tortilla in half over the filling, pressing down slightly to make it stick.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Cook each tortilla for about 2-3 minutes on each side, or until the cheese is melted and the tortilla is golden brown.
- Remove from the heat and let the melts cool for a few minutes before cutting them in half.
- Serve your homemade Taco Bell Chipotle Chicken Melts with some extra chipotle sauce on the side for dipping, if desired. Enjoy!
This recipe is not suitable for a vegan or vegetarian diet due to the use of chicken and cheese. It can be made gluten-free by using gluten-free tortillas.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 350Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 70mgSodium: 620mgCarbohydrates: 30gNet Carbohydrates: 28gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gSugar Alcohols: 0gProtein: 22g